Thursday, January 24, 2013

Liebster Blog Award



I have been nominated for a 2013 Liebster Award. Twice. What a nice surprise! A big thank you to Tammy's Tea Time and Books and their Wordly Realm for nominating me! 

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.




Questions from Tammy's Tea Time:


1. Who is your favorite fairy tale character? Rapunzel
2. What is your favorite book genre? Depends on what I'm reading, but I'll say romantic suspense because it combines two of my favorite things. Add sci-fi or paranormal and it's even better.
3. If you could pick to be a character in a book who would you be and why? Book characters have too many problems. :) Ok, so I can't choose.
4. Do you have a favorite author? No! Too many great authors for me to choose one.
5. Where did the inspiration to start your blog come from? It was a combination of things. Husband said, "You read enough books, why don't you start a blog?" And it was when I was starting to write reviews because I realized how important they are to authors. Also, for a while I was having trouble finding things to read so I wanted to be able to recommend good books to other readers.
6. Who is your book crush? Depends on what I'm reading. :)
7. How many books have you already read this year? 14
8. What is your favorite ice cream? cookie dough
9. If you had to give up chocolate what would you replace it with? More coffee.
10. What book made you laugh? Most recently Cadaver Blues by J.E. Fishman.
11. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? (Real or Fantasy) Anywhere warm would be wonderful right now. 



Questions from Books and their Wordly Realm

1. What other languages can you speak besides English?
I minored in Spanish in college and teach it to small children, though I'm not exactly fluent.
2. Can you use Photoshop / Gimp? Not even a little.
3. What are your pet peeves? Whining, rudeness, bad grammar, setting the alarm clock 5 minutes fast.
4. What's your favorite color combinations? Purple/green
5. What was your first pet's name? Snapper
6. On which are you the most active: Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
7. On average, how long do you take to finish a book? 2-4 days
8. How many books do you aim to read this year? 210
9. How do you decide your next read? Whatever is next on my list, or whatever catches my eye. Depends.
10. Do you prefer reading at night or day? Night
11. What are the top 3 books that you love from last year? Let's just say 3 of my top picks because I have a bunch of favorites. :) 
Niedermayer & Hart by M.J. Johnson, Sempre by J.M. Darhower, Love of Her Lives by Sharon Clare.

Random Facts About Me
1. I have two sisters. 
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. My mom wanted to name me Desiree, but we ended up with a cat by that name instead. 
4. I'm not a tv watcher, but I can get sucked into HGTV. 
5. I'm married to my high school sweetheart. 
6. As a child I had imaginary friends: Tiffany, Gina, Marvin, Randy, and Mamie. And a cat named Octobe. They lived on Hall St. 
7. I played percussion in my junior high band.
8. My name is constantly misspelled. (It's Brinda, not Brenda.)
9. In school, my classmates always wanted to be on my team for trivia games. 
10. I've lived in Wisconsin since I was a baby and I still wish I could hibernate during the winter. 
11. In elementary school I wanted to be an author, then I realized I had no good stories to tell so I just kept reading instead.

Questions for the Nominees
1. Print or ebook?
2. There's a fire and you can grab 3 books from your shelf. What do you take?
3. Beverage of choice?
4. Do you have any favorite tv shows?
5. What book character would you like a chance to hang out with? 
6. If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. Book you are currently reading, or plan to read next?
9. What is your favorite reading spot?
10. What do you like to do when not reading/writing or blogging?
11. Do you like your given name? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...